Saturday, October 4, 2008

Another Month Again!!!

I promised myself that I wasn't going to wait so long to post. I was going to stay on top of it and post more often. But, that hasn't happened and here I am again.

We have had another busy month. We started out by canning up a storm! We got together with two other couples and canned peaches and pears for 16 hours. 10 hours the first day and about 6 hours the second. The men were very helpful and we each yielded about 77 jars.




Blake is at such a fun age, and I can't get enough of him. He has just learned how to come down the stairs on his tummy and this is wonderful. Are you wondering why his hair is so long? Well, his Mom can't bring herself to cut it. Once I cut it, he will no longer look like a baby. He will be a little boy. I can't handle that. He needs to stay a baby forever!
Football still rules our life! Brendon practices 4 days a week and has a game on Saturday. The games are 45 minutes away and he has to be there 45 minutes early. So needless to say, we spend most of our day at the fields. My three other kids find this ritual quite miserable and in turn, make it miserable for us. Today he had a game in Sun Valley (3 hrs away). We got a babysitter and left the three other kids. It was wonderful. It was the first game that I didn't have to take a child to the bathroom three times! Brendon is playing hard and carries the ball many times during the game. He has scored one touchdown this season. Unfortunately, their team hasn't won a game. :( Maybe next week...
Uncle Tom came into town for a hunting trip. The kids love to play with Uncle Tom. He gets them so wild that they are bouncing off the walls. Here is a rousing game of "How many push ups can Tom do with children on his back." The other day, Brendon told me that he thought Hayden was going to be really strong and that Blake was going to be really funny. I asked him why he thought that? He said that Tom is the second boy and so is Hayden and that Mike is so funny and he is the youngest boy. Uh oh, where does that leave Brendon. He and Joey are in the same birth order.
Yesterday, I took the kids to the park for our annual photo shoot. I had great plans to take beautiful pictures of my kids. I did get some really great individuals, but could not get one of all four together. Everytime I put them together, Blake would try to crawl away and the other kids kept looking at him. This picture of Blake isn't the cutest, but I wanted to show you what he does with his mouth all the time. I think he is sucking in his bottom lip. He looks like a fish. He does this all the time and it is so cute! Notice the long hair? Still no hair cut!





I could eat this kid up! I hope he stays this age forever. Ok, maybe I wish he could walk, and then stay this age!
Well, that is about it. I had a great birthday! Thanks for all of the birthday gifts, wishes and calls. I am so horrible about remembering birthdays, so if I have forgotten yours this year, here is a big birthday wish out to all of you.
Hugs and Kisses- Hopefully I will post again before November. (Don't hold your breath)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Totally made me laugh! I can remember that story of you guys trying to kill that huge spider!!! Ok your kids are so adorable! I LOVE the picture of the fish lips. Seriously, that is adorable! Blow that one up. I wish you would've posted the blooper pictures of all your kids together :)

Larsen Family said...

Alisa - I love your "recaps!" I didn't know you each came away with 77 jars! Impressive. I'm glad you did your photoshoot yesterday...I thought about it, but I was too lazy. You know...in the conference mindset of sit around all day long! They were great pics as usual...can't wait to see how you lapscrap those babies!

Montgomery Family said...

YEAH, finally! Such cute pictures. Ok, you are holding on way too tight to that baby stage, the writing is on the wall,you need another one. That pic of Tom with all the kids on his back is great! His wife needs to start a blog so we can see thier cute kids. Mike's family too. Keep the posts coming. I miss your cute family!

Rees Family said...

I love all of those pictures you took on Friday. You do need to cut his hair though. He IS NOT a baby anymore. Sorry to break it to you. That first picture makes me tired. That is quite a bit of canning. Love to see those men working. I'm mighty jealous though. I need to get my butt in gear and start canning. Keep posting. Your kids are freaking adorable.

Aly said...

Love the post and the pictures of those adorable kids. Those close-ups are to die for. I would enlarge them, black and white them and hang them on your walls somewhere in your house. I could look at those all day! And I hear you about the football rituals. That was my life last year. The things we do for our kids. We miss you guys. When is the next time you are coming in for a visit? And I'm sorry that I forgot your birthday. I am a loser sister in law! Are you 35 this year? Welcome to middle age! Finally, we NEED a Vegas trip. I heard that flights get down to $29 each way on Jet Blue. That would be awesome! I'll call you to catch up... or better yet, conference me with Karen and Jen sometime this week. Have a great Monday!!