Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So Mundane!

It has been awhile! Have you been wondering about me? I have enjoyed receiving your emails and phone calls wondering when I am going to start blogging again. The thing is, I don't really have anything to blog about. And, I am not good at making something out of nothing. Sarah, for example, has the ability to keep us enthralled talking about Louisa May Alcott!!! Not many people can pull that off. So you see, nothing major has happened for me to blog about. I sent my camera back to be fixed, so I don't even have any great pictures to wow you with.

I am heading to Park City this weekend for a relaxing girls trip. I can't wait. Four full days of shopping, eating, and lap scrapping (get your head out of the gutter, that is our new term for digital scrapbooking.) I can't wait. I think it may be just enough to get me through the new few months. I mentioned before that Joey is leaving for 8 weeks. He will be gone all of June and July. I am trying to have a positive attitude about the fact that he will be spending his days in sunny San Diego.

Are you bored yet? Is this better than no post at all?




Brendon had his pine wood derby a few weeks ago. I guess I could have blogged about that before now. In honor of Joey, Brendon make an Idaho State Trooper car. He finished 3rd out of 20 cars!!! We were thrilled. My goal is to make sure the car gets down the track without falling apart. And, the best thing is that pine wood derby doesn't come around again until next spring! Brendon will probably give me a few months off and then he will start pestering me about starting his next car. The kid never stops!

Now I am just looking around my desk for something to blog about. This is getting pathetic. I think I will sign off now before I put you all to sleep.

I will leave you with this last picture. How does a child fall asleep with his legs straight in the air?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I like mundane. Mundane has gotten a bad rap over the years and I think blogging is bringing it back into style. So keep on keepin' on. A girls weekend? You are SO LUCKY. I'm thinking of taking a me weekend...where it is just me, a comfy bed, and room service. I'll just sleep for two or three days straight. Because I'm a partier!

Aly said...

No way is that picture of Blake real!!! Did he seriously fall asleep like that? I laughed out loud when I saw it. And I agree with Sarah. Mundane is just fine with me. Mundane is like chicken noodle soup - it's comforting. I mean, life can't always be 'biggest losers' and 'favorite things'. I'll take mundane any day! Have a great weekend. Do you still want to try for breakfast or lunch on Fri???

Debbie said...

Good to hear from you again. I like to hear about the mundane in your life because then I feel like I really know you better. It says alot about a person by what they do with themselves EVERYDAY! So on that note, I will expect a post from you everyday...oh yah, I should practice what I preach.