Monday, June 23, 2008

Not her mother's daughter!

I just have to say one thing, I LOVE Nicole in a two piece bathing suit! She has the perfect little figure and ultra brown skin. She looks soooo cute! I have been known to buy about 3 news suits a year, because I love them so much.

After our camping trip to McCall, she realized that she was the ONLY girl in a two piece bathing suit. She started begging me to buy her a suit that covered her belly button. I kept asking her why, WHY? I tried to put her off, but she would ask me every day. Brendon's swim party was last Friday, and she was adamant about getting a new suit before the party. On Wednesday night, I went into her room after she had gone to sleep, and this is what was staring at me.
Translation: Buy a swim suit for me Mom and make sure that it is not going to show my belly button. PS Don't talk on the phone, only for emergencies. (Does she think I talk on the phone too much? :)

So, with tears in my eyes, we went and bought her two new suits. And yes, they do cover her belly button. At the store, I kept showing her some cute tankinis, but she wanted nothing to do with them. I keep telling myself that in a few years she will come back around. At least I hope!


She does look cute in her new suits and is very COMFORTABLE (her words!) now that her belly doesn't show.

6 comments:

Larsen Family said...

Alisa! You didn't tell me about the whiteboard message! Well, you are a good mom, and I know it was a sacrifice for you to make that purchase. But you can see in Nicole's face that she loves you for it. To make up for it, maybe you'll wear your bikini on the cruise in May????

Rees Family said...

I'm so sorry you had to make the change to a one piece. I'll post lots of pics of Brooklyn in her tankinis so you can live vicariously. That white board message is so funny. I can't believe she did a P.S. about you talking on the phone. Who are you talking to? :)

April said...

That is hysterical. Modesty is the best policy, Alisa. I guess I won't tell Nicole about how you always tried to sneak into dances with those super mini skirts on in middle school. I just love that white board message. I can't wait to hang out in UTAH! It's only 2 weeks away!

Unknown said...

That is the greatest message ever! So cute. Joey must be proud his baby girl wanted to "cover up".

Julie said...

That is the cutest message ever! Chloe(14) and I have had several "conversations" about the fact that she WAS not going to have a two piece or bikini. And she has the perfect body complete with a 6 pack but someday you will not want all that for the world to see! So good job Alisa! And way to go Nicole.

Captain Jack's Blog said...

Captain Jack Snyder wants to sign up to get adopted into your family. Your McCall trip looked like real fun. You're a good Mom. Jack