Monday, June 2, 2008

So far, so good....

Because of our current situation, I have tried to do some extra fun things for the kids. Tonight for FHE, we rode our bikes to the park and the kids played for a while. Blake loved the swing and was content to hang there for a while. The kids loved the sand box, which I could do without. They came home with sand from head to foot.

Don't you love summer birthdays? The benefit of a summer birthday is, that you can have a party outside because it is warm, and I don't have to take treats to school and celebrate with 30 kids. Both Brendon and Nicole have summer birthdays and I love it. Brendon came home from school and informed me that they are celebrating his birthday tomorrow, and he needs to bring treats for 30 of his closest pals. Are you kidding me? I get one day notice! Didn't Brendon tell his teacher that his Mom isn't interested in feeding his class treats for his unbirthday? So, I finally resolved to the fact that I wasn't going to get out of this, and told Brendon that I would have a treat for him tomorrow. Guess what? Nicole overheard and was distraught that she wasn't going to celebrate her unbirthday with her 30 best friends. That led to a meltdown, which led to me losing my patience. All over stupid treats for 60 kids. It is now 11pm, and I just took out my last dozen cookies from the oven. The things I do! Just call me supermom! (Although, I am not sure my kids would agree after the above mentioned patience problem.)





Notice the grey section at the bottom of this picture? Just another problem with my new camera. I guess I am going to have to send it back AGAIN!!!!!!


5 comments:

Larsen Family said...

As a mom, I completely agree, 100% about the un-birthday dilema at school. However, as an August born child, I can tell you that I still have emotional scars that I didn't get to have "my day" during the school year and have my mom come dressed like a clown to deliver treats to my class and completely embarrass me. I still feel a little bitter about it. So, although as a mother I despise the birthday celebrations, (yes, all my kids have school year birthdays) I think you're a pretty incredible mom to do it! AND ON SUCH SHORT NOTICE FOR DOUBLE THE KIDS! You should tell Joey what a great job you're doing since he's been gone! Tell him he should be as impressed as I am. :)

Montgomery Family said...

As I teacher I want you to know I never encourage the unbirthday treats but every year I have a kid ask if they can bring treats so I just say yes. I'm never one to pass up a good treat. You are supermom for staying up until 11:00. Umm, please notice the time of this post. Yes, my baby has woken up at 2:30 the past 2 nights. Why, why???

Julie said...

Hey Alisa! This is your favorite Texas roomie from Ricks. I have loved looking and learning about your adorable family! Looks like you and I are having the same fun!(4 kids) Check out my blog and give me your e-mail or phone number!
TheTuckerlife.blogspot

Rees Family said...

Cute pics. Sorry about your sad situation. I'm glad you have such a good attitude about it. The weather looks so nice there. What have you been complaining about for so long?

Aly said...

Okay, the giving-in part I completely understand, but HOMEMADE cookies, c'mon - that is way too supermom for me! I'm all about the licorice ropes, ding-dongs or other store-bought treats that don't involve measuring, mixing or using an oven of any kind (plus our school doesn't allow homemade goods... a brilliant rule if you ask me). You are GOOD! Even better because you are going it solo these days. I feel for you. Can't wait to see you all next month. If you need to come earlier you can always crash at my house :)