Monday, November 3, 2008

Farewell to Halloween!

Is it just me, or has Halloween gotten as busy as Christmas. This season we were super busy. There were pumpkin patches to pick from, parties to go to, cookies to decorate, trunk or treats, school parties, friend parties and of course trick or treating. Throw in a few football games and Hayden's birthday, and this has been our last few weeks. I will try to post pictures from each event everyday this week. It's an attainable goal...

Linder Farms, October 18, 2008

It has been a tradition to go to the pumpkin patch on the opening day of Pheasant Season. Joey is always hunting so I take the kids to the patch to pick out their pumpkins. Last year it was so cold and windy, we only stayed about an hour and had hot chocolate and fresh donuts. This year, it was almost 80*. So, the rest of city decided to visit the patch on the same day. Needless to say, the lines were extremely long. I carried Blake on my back in a backpack. It worked great, except that he is really heavy. After a while I thought my back was going to break. Not to mention, that I had to carry pumpkins at the same time.




See this beautiful pumpkin that Brendon is holding. You know, this pumpkin that he spend 45 minutes trying to find. The one that was perfect. The one that I had to carry with Blake on my back. Well, after we weighed the pumpkins we had to wait in line for about 45 min to pay. The kids and I hid our pumpkins and went to pay because I could not carry it one more minute. When we got back, someone had taken Brendon's pumpkin. Seriously, did it have to be Brendon's. Couldn't it have been Blake's. Brendon was distraught and I was not about to get back on that hay ride out to the patch to look for another one. I took the other three kids out to the car, put a movie on and Brendon and I went in search for another pumpkin. The closest patch was pretty worked over and there was nothing. By this point I was getting to my breaking point. We went back to the weigh station and they had a few pumpkins sitting around. Maybe they could have belonged to other people, I didn't care. I told him to pick the best one. He did, and I grabbed it and we ran to the car. Problem solved. Maybe some other poor family had to do the same thing we did. But, they probably had two adults to help them.
Loving the hair!



1 comments:

Rees Family said...

I can't believe how great your pictures turned out. I think you should photoshop that picture of the kids holding their pumpkins and put candy canes in thier hands. That could be your Christmas card. So cute. You look great! You need to be blonder though.