Wednesday, August 12, 2009

April, apey, ape face....

(Once again, I don't have great pictures. I am going to have to get all my pictures from Heber soon)

April, April, April....What can I say about you. Waaaaay too much.

April and I met in 6th grade at Poly. Now, April would have you believe that we met many years before on a random whale watching field trip. My Dad was Devon's (April's sister) 4th grade teacher, and April is positive that she and I were both on that trip. I have no recollection of said trip, but we will let her believe what she wants.

April is what you would call a Poly lifer (a student that attends Poly from pre-K to 12th grade). I started Poly at 6th grade. We became fast friends. I did ruin her Forenza sweatshirt by throwing ink on her. But, she forgave me. Guess what she also forgave me for? Smashing her face with a baseball bat!!! Can you believe it? That is true friendship.

The Story...
Our six grade lockers were outside in a small corridor. I decided that it was a good time and place to practice my softball swing with a nice aluminum bat right in front of the lockers. Not realizing that April was standing behind me, I took a full swing! The bat hit her right in her cheek bone and started bleeding like crazy. We both started to freak out and ran right to the nurse. The nurse had her put some pressure on the wound while she called her parents. An ER trip was in her future. Unfortunately for me, and not just for this occasion, but my Dad also worked at our school. As we were sitting there in the nurses office, my Dad just happened to walk by.

"April, what happened?!!!"

"Well, Mr. Ellis, Alisa hit me in the face with a baseball bat. But, you should take pity on her because she often does lots of stupid things and really doesn't think before she acts. (She really didn't say that last line, but I was sure she was thinking it.)

Needless to say, it wasn't such a happy evening at my house after school.

April got several stitches, I believe in two levels because the cut was so deep. And, to this day you can still see her scar. I like to think of it as a mark of our friendship!!! :)

Memories of April:
Crashing Devon's car in a pole
Shaving my legs
Matching Jammies
Gourmet food
Dropping the watermelon
Many sleepovers
Rumpy is so grumpy
Visions of Sugarplums on Lake St.
The Snake River Stampede
Visits to Emerald Bay
ISLANDS!

This isn't a contest, but can anyone name the exact location of each photo?

4 comments:

Rees Family said...

Grace Henley Patio, outside Senora Rodriguez's office, probably after 8th grade honor's day. Your dress was probably from the gunny sac and April's dress was probably from Bullocks.
I would like a post about me now please.

Sheri said...

My first thought when I saw that first picture of you and April was...I forgot how much Alisa loved Laura Ashley, you were obsessed. Fun memories!

Holly Child said...

Oh my gosh...I can't believe you hit her in the face with a baseball bat and she is STILL your friend! LOL! ;o)

Montgomery Family said...

To be more specific that is Mrs. Battelle's (sp?) classroom behind you guys. Senora Rodriguez's office is to April's left.