Thursday, July 9, 2009

For April....

Wow, I haven't posted in a long time. Apparently, I need to take lessons from my little sis, Karen. But, here goes. I hate posting a lot of pictures, because it is hard to have the right order. So, these pictures are from most recent all the way back to May.

We just got home from spending a week in Heber City, Utah! It was so fun. The kids loved hanging out with their cousins and playing from sun up to sun down. Literally, bedtime around 11pm. On the 4th of July, we had a big party for my Grandmother and all of my cousins, aunts and uncles were there. It was great to see so many relatives that I haven't seen for a long time. The kids had so many fun things, but here is what they said were their favorite things...
Brendon: playing pool and golfing
Nicole: getting ice cream and eating lunch at the park
Hayden: getting ice cream and the water slide
Blake: staying up late and unlimited otter pops
Joey: golfing and golfing
Alisa: unlimited Diet Cokes and eating, and sitting and eating and sitting... Holiday Lanes, Heber, Utah (not another soul in the joint)

Aly, Macy dressed herself each day. This was my favorite selection. (For those not in the know, Aly and Steven headed out to Hawaii on the 5th. Luckily, the kids stayed in Heber and entertained my kiddos.)
Summer and Aubrey
Brooklyn and Macy
Trouble
My baby learning to drive.
My other baby learning to drive.
My oldest baby getting ready to drive.
Arts and Crafts were readily abundant on this trip. Clay, beads, watercolors...Nicole's dream come true.
Miss Nicole
Jennifer and Peytie Pie
Two peas in a pod.
Charles and Baby Jack
"Don't mind us, we are blowing this joint for a warm beach and pina coladas!"
"Don't mind us, we are hanging in Heber City, Utah for the next 4 days!"
The girls showing some attitude before heading to Stadium of Fire at BYU to see the Jonas Brothers.
Ellis Great Grandchildren
My baby.
Nicole working on a pottery masterpiece.
Aunt Jennifer and Miss Macy
The horses came for the 4th. Hayden loved going for a ride.
Always a smile on this girls face.
Usually a silly grin on this face.
Nicole going for a ride.
We went camping with the Hunt's and the Hafen's at the end of June to Garden Valley. The kids had a great time playing in the river and rafting.
Twiners, Nicole and Brooklyn This could be the worst possible picture of us, but it is the only one at the top of the mountain. Lookout point 7000 ft.
Joey and Brendon on top of the world.

Hunt's and Tueller kids piled in the car. Seatbelts? Nah! (Looking for Blake? He wasn't invited. He stayed with Nana and Papa. Blake + the woods, fire, river= No fun at all!)
In the beginning of June, Joey took Brendon and Hayden on the Father and sons campout with the church. They had a great time camping with friends.
Michael and Brendon
Brendon's 5th grade play was at the end of May. He had a big part and even sang a solo! I was shocked at what a great singing voice he had. He was great.
Last Violin Concert ever? Brendon seems to think so. He starts middle school next year and doesn't want to continue with the violin. We are kind of sad. He learned so much.
Feeding the ducks for Family Home Evening...


Memorial Day bike ride on the green belt and lunch at the park.
Blake, Macey, Hayden and Trey
April, I hope this will suffice for a while. It may be a while until I post again. Upcoming events...Bear Lake, more camping, football starts...
It's a busy life we lead, but we love it and are having a great summer.
PS: Happy Anniversary to us. 15 years today! Unreal! I couldn't have asked for a better husband or father for my kids!

4 comments:

Rees Family said...

Love love love the post! You are putting us non-posters to shame. All of your pictures turned out so great. I'm so glad I did my hair for the 4th of July to put it up and be in some hideous pictures. The kids were adorable though. We had a great time! Miss you gys already.

April said...

LOVE IT! I knew I could get to you in a roundabout way! Shame - it's the greatest motivator. I just wanted to see pictures of those cute kids of yours! I can't believe how big Blakey is - no more baby! Courtney still talks about Nicole. She apparently made the greatest impression on her. Or she just gravitated towards the only girl. I will show her all these pictures tomorrow. She was really bummed we cancelled the trip to Utah. I think she thought we were coming to crash the Heber party again. Well, let's be honest, we probably would've. With all those kids, you wouldn't have even noticed we were there.
Aaaaah. I feel so much better to have read this. I don't understand why you can't post like every Thursday night. Think of it as a chore that can NOT be ignored.
As for Jennifer - jeez. For all I know, they've up and moved to Australia.

Montgomery Family said...

I have to admit, I feel really good about myself when you're slacking and I'm not! J/K I love all the pictures. Looks like you had so much fun in Heber. Your kids are adorable and I love all of Nicole's "danglies". She looks so old. April's comment about Jennifer moving to Australia made me laugh out loud!!

Holly Child said...

Love the update, Alisa!! I check your blog faithfully and was pleasantly surprised with all the fun pictures of all the fun things you guys have been up to!! Happy Anniversary (3 days ago) to you guys!! :o)