Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Swimming

We have just finished up two weeks of swimming lessons for Hayden. My kids would not be labeled as fish. In fact, they are so far from fish that they could be considered a land only mammal. But, because we are so spoiled to have several pools in our subdivision, all must learn to swim. Up until a few weeks ago, Hayden just walked around the pool with little or no interest in getting wet. This was a problem, because I enjoy lounging and having to watch two non-swimmers isn't very relaxing. So off to lessons he went. He really wasn't a fan! Most days he would start in early in the morning asking if he was going to lessons. The answer was always yes, and he would follow is a "Ohhhhhhh!" and a crying fit would ensue! Amazingly, he would get into the pool quite easily when we got there. The lesson would last 30 minutes with the first half in the shallow end and then down to the deep for the second half.


He starts off timid, but still ok!Is obedient and blows his bubbles when asked.
Hangs on to the side, awaiting his turn. (Look at the shoulder blade!)
Oh, no, they are moving down to the deep end. Concern is starting to show.
"Hayden, time to jump off the diving board." So sad! I wish I had a picture of the diving board episodes, but I was usually having to prode him off the end as he was shaking like a leaf.
Swimming Teacher lady got smart and had a bake sale everyday. Oh the treats! All only $.25. I miss those rice crispy treats!





We've been swimming out our pool a lot this summer. Some favorite friends.....


Baylee


Nicole



Brooklyn





My baby. Doesn't venture too far from my chair. Doesn't want to touch the water. I'm ok with that for now.


One last picture....
When I asked for an explanation, he said, "The sun was in my eyes!" Ok, whatever you say...

1 comments:

Rees Family said...

Fun times at the pool. I wish we had one in our subdivision. I'd be there everyday. I would, however, get INTO the water. You ninny. Love the updates.