Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sharice!!!

Let me just start off this post by saying that I should have 100 more photos of Sheri and myself, but unfortunately, they are all in a garage in Heber, Utah. I spent a hour digging through old photos in my garage yesterday looking for at least 1. This is what I found. I really wanted to find all those pictures where we tried on all of my mini skirts. Remember that? I believe this photo was taken at Newport Beach, CA probably before I got married. I am going off of the fact that I got that Dooney & Burke purse while I was in college, and also those cool Esprit Sandals. I loved those sandals. Probably summer after our freshman year.

Sheri and I went to high school together at LCHS!! Go Spartans! We were kinda two different people. She was very responsible, I wasn't so much. She was very diligent about getting her school work done, I wasn't so much. She was polite and respectful to her teachers, I wasn't so much. But, with all that said, we got along great!

One of my favorite memories of Sheri was a trip we took to Valley Forge as chaperones on a 5th grade trip. We were seniors in high school and my grandmother was the teacher in charge of the trip. I somehow talked my way into going and bringing my friend. How lucky is that? Anyway, we were given a group of kids that were our responsibility. Seriously, what were they thinking? We even had our own tour bus where we were the only "adults". I think we were known as the fun bus at times and the mean bus at other times. We had a great trip and made lots of good memories.

Here is a list of memories that will probably only make since to Sheri. But, this post is supposed to be all about her, so the rest of you won't mind.

Escapade
Koala Blue
Chatham Becker
Throwing food out of Jennifer's car
Going back to pick up said food on the road
Lunch trips to McDonalds for a value meal that cost $3.14
Me usually borrowing $3.14 for lunch
Midnight run to the ER at the beach house. Seriously, how did your parents put up with me?
Chips Ahoy
Spiders and Tetris
Senior Prom, Taylor and Jeff
Grad night in heels at Disneyland. Most miserable night EVER!!!

This is us at Sheri's wedding last year. She had quite a year getting married and fighting cancer. Thank goodness she is cancer free now!!!! Well, there you go. A post all about Sheri! Stay tuned everyone, you may get another chance for your own post!

6 comments:

Rees Family said...

Yay Sheri! Congrats!

Montgomery Family said...

You guys look hot in that picture at the beach! Love the 90s style! Way to go Sheri!!

April said...

love it! go sheri! that picture was taken on balboa island, btw! i wish you could find the pictures of you in minis... with bobby socks and keds, no doubt. :)

Sheri said...

I just tried finding those mini skirt pictures, I know I have them somewhere. I did find our prom pictures...without my date...Jeff!!! Great memories, you forgot one though. When our parents let us go to Palm Springs in their motorhome by ourselves for the whole week, what were they thinking? Such a fun week though.
Also remember when we were in Valley Forge and we set up the boys and girls on a date for dinner in the cafeteria one night, lol, such fun times! Your grandma did NOT like that idea.
Thanks for the great post! You remembered things I had totally forgotten about (throwing trash out of jennifer's car..i need to call and remind her about that one, she was soo mad!) Good times, thanks...can you please call me next time you are in Heber so I can see you and actually meet your children I apparently know so well from pictures!? Jennifer and Karen..remind her!

Christy said...

First, was it your Valley Forge trip that the girl said, "There is ka ka on the floor!" I am laughing so hard right now typing this. I hope it was you two...if not, it must be another sister.

Second, I would be so mad if my 5th grader was getting set up on a date! Times have changed I guess.

Great memories. For the ones I understood. I want to see a picture of the Jeep!

Michelle said...

This was so funny! I loved reading every little memory. As soon as you said you were writing about Sheri I thought of a few of the things you posted. E.R. trip at Newport! I'm sure!! Spiders, Chips Ahoy on the couch watching tv, and Escapade in your COOL jeep! I loved that jeep!