Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm Alive!

Have you all been missing me? I know, I know, I have been a total blogging loser lately. It has been pretty busy around here lately. Nothing of a national emergency sort, but just life with 4 kids. Here is the rundown of what everyone has been up to:

Brendon:

Brendon has been playing baseball and loves it. His team could use a bit on the talent side, but he is still really enjoying it. He gets a chance to pitch every few games and enjoys that. He has two more games until the season ends.

He has learned to play the violin this year. He has done this without any encouragement from me, and has done it despite my negative attitude. He approached me in the fall and asked if he could play in the school orchestra. I told him that wasn't a good idea. (Note, my great parenting skills of encouragment) I just knew he was going to decide it was too much work after I had rented the violin for the whole year. But, he kept pushing and pushing (as only Brendon can) and I finally relented. To his credit, he stuck with it all year and I am truly amazed at how much he has learned. He asked me to print him some staff paper on Mother's Day. Again, using my best parenting skills, I reluctantly printed it, but was thinking the whole time at the cost of getting new ink for this "POS" printer I have. Guess what, he wrote me a song. I know, I was shocked also. Not only did he write me a song, but he played it for me on his violin. Amazing! The song even had measures with the appropriate beats per measure with some rests added in and those two lines at the end that lets you know the song is over. He has learned to read music, write music and play the violin all during his lunch hours at shool. He might be the next August Rush. But, I am pretty sure that Heavenly Father knew better than to send me a child prodigy. Apparently, I am more into the theory, "Let's not learn anything new, just go outside and play." Brendon's final orchestra concert is today, where he is playing in a quartet.

Brendon is looking forward to summer, but not looking forward to a summer without his Dad. He keeps asking Joey why he can't go get another job. He will live. He will spend most of his summer riding around the neighborhood looking for kids to play with, swimming and playing in Heber with his cousins. I am going to try to throw a few chores into that schedule, but who are we kidding, getting my kids to work is more work for me. So, I will ask, but if it doesn't get done, I will just pretend not to notice. (Boy, I am just painting myself as super parent!)

Brendon is one achievement away from getting his Bear. This has been a goal for him and he is really excited. He will probably get that at the next pack meeting. He will then be a webelo.

What else, what else....

Favorite Food: Salmon
Least Favorite Food: Almost too many to name. Mayo, Tomatos, Mustard and Onions
Favorite Sport: Football
Favorite Team: Colts
Favorite Player: Peyton Manning
Favorite TV Show: Drake and Josh, iCarly, Zoey 101 (Must admit that I quite enjoy the first two, but haven't really seen Zoey 101)
Favorite Pastime: Playing with friends

Is a major over achiever. Would NEVER dream of showing up at school without his homework done. Is quite positive that he is going to get a scholarship for college and that one math test with an 80% in 4th grade could ruin his chances. Not quite sure where he got that drive, but am quite sure where he got his smarts!!! :)






I had every intention of discussing all of my kids, but this has gotten so long that I thought I would break it up. So, today you only get Brendon. Check in tomorrow for update of another one of my children. (I am just trying to get into your good graces with many posts in a row.)

Just so you know, I am not going to proof read this before I post it. I am in a hurry, and I don't really need to, because Karen and Jennifer will point out all of the grammer and typo mistakes within 10 minutes.

Tune in tomorrow.....

4 comments:

Rees Family said...

Such a great post. Brendon is such a great kid. I need you to send him down here so he can start training Brooklyn. I can't believe how lucky you are to have such an overachiever. That's great.
PLEASE fix your typos. They bug. The one in the very first sentence is the worst.

Montgomery Family said...

I only saw one sentence fragment...not bad! What a good boy that Brendon is. You better write just as much and have just as many pictures of the rest of your cute kids. I can't wait until tomorrow's blog!!

Aly said...

Love it, love it and love it some more. Brendon is such a sweet boy and I especially love the overachiever part of him. That will serve him well someday!!! And I didn't think it was too braggy - you are just a proud mama! Can't wait to see you guys in July :) Keep the posts coming (looks like I need to take my own advice).

April said...

You ARE alive. YES, I've been missing you. I am sorry I didn't comment earlier, but I haven't checked your blog in a couple of days - I was sick of being disappointed day after day after day... Brendon seems like a dream child. How did this happen? Which one of your kids is going to be swallowing pen caps, being 15 assignements behind in math and hitting people with baseball bats in the FACE? :) xo you know i love ya!!!!