Saturday, May 24, 2008

Miss Nicole

Part II.....

Nicole Anne Tueller, what can I say about her. Hmmmmmm...Let's see...

Nicole is finishing up second grade and is quite fickle about school. She really likes her teacher, Mr. Woolery. Yeah, that's right, Mr. He is a tall, skinny cowboy. He wears wranglers up to his chest with cowboy boots and a big silver belt buckle. On the down side, she isn't too fond of school work. She does her homework, but it is like pulling teeth.

She wants to be a teacher when she grows up and spends most of her playtime pretending to teach school. The other day, my sister was trying to figure out what to buy her 8 yr old for her birthday. She told me to ask Nicole what she would want. Guess what she said? An overhead projector. Yep, my seven year old wants an overhead projector. I might have to call the school supply store and order that right up. Recently, she invented her own overhead by setting up a chair in front of a mirror. She taped up a clear page protector and got right to work teaching addition. Quite inventive! While we were cleaning out the garage, she found some Vis a Vis pens, which she was super excited about because they are used for overheads. Her birthday is coming up, and I am just thinking, where are we going to store an overhead!?

She played soccer this season and really enjoyed it. I mean, I thought she enjoyed it, until she told her coach at the end of the season party that she would never see him again because she wasn't going to play next year. News to me!

She is a great big sister to both Hayden and Blake. I so enjoy when the clock strikes 4pm because I know she will be walking in the door from the bus. That means that she will play with Blake until about 4:30 when Joey gets home from work. I love having a built in babysitter. She will hold Blake while he drinks his bottle, feed him his dinner, get him more cheerios for his tray, and even get him out of his bed. My fav is when she takes Blake to her room and they play for about and hour! I love it!!!

Nicole's favorites and not so favorites:

Food: Orange Chicken from Panda (renamed Nicole's favorite chicken in our family)
Least Favorite Food: onions and tomatoes (really dislikes spaghetti, but I tend to ignore this and still cook it and get mad when she won't eat it.)
Favorite TV shows: iCarly, family feud and Drake and Josh
Favorite Pastime: Enjoys playing with friends, but is just as content to play by herself

Nicole sometimes struggles to find her place among all of the boys, but she has a very sweet spirit. She is usually easy to please. Example: We sold her bike last weekend because it was getting too small for her. All week, she kept saying that she needed a bike, and I was feeling badly that we didn't have anything for her yet. So, on Friday night we took her on a special date to Target to look for a bike. The selection at target was slim and kind of expensive. We told her we might want to look at Walmart before we made a decision. She didn't complain or get upset that we were leaving without getting her anything. At Walmart, we encountered the same problem. Again, we told her we might want to wait and see if we could find a better deal at another store. Again, she didn't get upset and just said ok! Now, he who will not be named (#1 child) would have been devastated when we left the first store empty handed and could not have functioned as a human being had we left the second store without a bike. I guess it is just the difference before #1 and #2. Before you start feeling badly for her, we did get her a bike today and she loves it. She is very content that way.


Her joys in life would be to have 5 otter pops a day, several pieces of gum and whatever other candy she could find. She is attached to sugar! Oh yeah, and she would want me to paint her toenails every weekend.


Nicole is a sweet little girl, and we feel very fortunate to have her in our family.





6 comments:

Larsen Family said...

I feel so honored to be the FIRST comment! Wahoo! This was a great blip about Nicole (so don't let Joey tell you it's braggy). I'm so glad you have her - aren't girls great? As for the overhead projector...why weren't you looking for that at the yard sale last weekend? I'm sure there were a few of those babys floating around! Good luck with that one!

Sarah said...

My Rebecca is a school-playing fanatic. She has an entire classroom set up in her room, including a huge dry-erase board and 20 special "bugs" with all of her students' names on them. She has gotten several gift certificates to teacher supply stores and has bought things like pocket charts and bathroom passes! For Christmas all she wanted was an overhead projector. I REALLY did not want to buy one because 1)they are expensive and (2) they are bulky. But at the last minute I realized that she would be so disappointed if she didn't get one. I found an awesome one on Craigslist for $40. It is lightweight enough for her to move around and it looked brand new (once I dusted it). She loves it, and all of the neighborhood girls come over and beg for a turn. I was so glad I got if for her. She uses it all the time. Definitely worth it.

Rees Family said...

Love the Nicole post. Get that girl an overhead projector for crying out loud. She needs one. Her birthday is coming up and I want you to get right on that. I am still getting over the shock of seeing that you actually posted. I am so looking forward to Hayden and Blakey. Such fun posts.

Montgomery Family said...

I LOVE that Nicoly! Those are some great pictures. She is so photogenic!! GET HER THE DAMN OVERHEAD!!!

Aly said...

Great post. What a sweetie she is. She will be a great teacher someday. And yes, you need to get her the projector. If for no other reason then as payment for all the babysitting she does for you - she deserves it. Can she teach Macy her letters? And how to write them on paper instead of my couch? Hell, I would even buy her the projector for that!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Alisa! I can't believe Nicole wants an overhead projector for her birthday. Do schools even use those anymore? That is just cracking me up. If she's asking for something like that, you HAVE to get it for her!!! Cutest request ever.