Thursday, March 6, 2008

National Emergency!


After Karen's shower, Summer and I made a trip to Joann's Fabrics for some much needed craft supplies. We spent almost an hour in that stupid store waiting to get fabric cut, making decisions, and purely wasting time. We then proceeded to wait another 10 minutes in line to check out. Those of you who have been to Joann's can relate. Anyway, as we are waiting in line, Summer comments that it smells like gas. When we finally get to the register, the manager informs our checker that they are to suspend using all electronics due to a gas leak in the building. She is yelling this while on the phone with 911. Are you serious, we were right there. It would take her 2 seconds to check us out. But noooo, she isn't going to go against her managers wishes. I continue to beg, and even tell her I would use the scanner gun to help her out. But, she stands her ground. I think yell to the manager who is still on the phone with 911 and tell her we are in a big hurry and could they PLEASE!!!! just check us out. She gets a little flustered and then says OK! So, the checker does the deed, and we run out, as the fireman run in feeling very grateful that they didn't evacuate the building leaving us with none of our super important craft supplies!!!

6 comments:

Rees Family said...

That is too funny. The only thing I notice in that picture is how COLD it looks. I don't think I'm ready to visit weather like that. I'm going to freeze my booty off. Brooklyn and I are already breaking out the capris and flip flops here. Don't be jealous. The weather here is awesome.
I'm glad you got the craft supplies you needed and that you didn't inhale too much gas.

April said...

I can just imagine you standing there with your fabric saying "oh my hell! there is no way i am going to sit here and wait for the gas leak to be shut off." very funny.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!!! It was so fun to hang out this weekend :) I am glad we got to...and I am so glad we suvived Joann's!!

Montgomery Family said...

You 2 are crazy! Thank you for almost blowing up on my behalf all in the name of crafts for my baby!!

Sarah said...

Hey Alisa...just wanted to update you that I have no further intel on the dental skin issue. Jordan's oral surgeon was so grumpy I didn't dare ask him. I just plunked down my pile of money and slunk back to my seat. He was a bit like the soup nazi. Jordan is feeling somewhat victorious though because she found a comment somewhere on the Internet where the following question was asked: Is it okay to smoke immediately following a dental skin graft? Hmmmm. As soon as I see my regular dentist I plan on clearing up the entire matter.

Eric & Gretchen said...

I am so glad you found my blog. It is so fun to see what you have been up to.