Wednesday, July 23, 2008

2 days and 12 hrs......

I am not counting down or anything. But, I CAN'T WAIT for this whole experience to be over. I can't say it has been entirely horrible, but it hasn't been the easiest thing I have ever done. Here is a rundown of the highlights and low lights of my summer vacation...

The Highs:
Camping in McCall with friends
Celebrating Brendon turning 10 and Blake turning 1
Enjoying a relaxing week in Heber with Karen, Steven's family, April and Mom & Poppy of course
REALLY relaxing in San Diego for a weekend
Tuesday lunches with my girlfriends
Reading 4 books and counting..
Staying up late to read or blog or just catch up on "Days of Our Lives"
Switched Blake from formula to milk!


The Lows:
Blake having 3 ear infections in 6 weeks and a fever of 105 that lasted for days
The most miserable 6 hour car ride home from Heber. (Still brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.)
Hayden throwing up all over the hallway at 2am the night we got home from Heber (a few hours after the miserable car ride)
Bedtime being a nightmare, so I took beds apart and moved Hayden into the nursery and Blake with Brendon.
Making sure the yard gets mowed every week. (Thanks Brendon)
Feeding kids 25 times a day and them cleaning up after them.
Giving all baths by myself and changing a million diapers by myself
Dealing with the messiest house I have ever seen (I don't have enough energy or time to do it all)


All in all, I guess you can say we survived. It has been a long 8 weeks, and we are Soooooo excited for Joey to get home. We just are not complete without him.

Here are a few pictures from Blake's B-day. (Note to self, too much light right near the sliding glass door for a good picture.)


5 comments:

Larsen Family said...

Alisa, What a woman you are. Just for the record, I think you've handled the last two months remarkably well! I'm excited for you that Joey is coming home and that you can enjoy those "family" bbq's, etc. :) I think distance helps us appreciate things we normally take for granted...but hopefully you won't be having distance like that again anytime soon!
My hat goes off to you Alisa!

Rees Family said...

Love all of the posts. I hardly know what to do with myself having so much to read. You have handled this Summer soooo well. You know I could not have done it. Few could. I would hate having to do baths, dinner, cleaning up, bedtime all by myself. Seriously, you were great. I am going to miss the 11 p.m. phone calls when Joey gets home. Who am I kidding, I'm going to miss ALL the phone calls when Joey and Roy get home. I might just go into a deep depression. I guess I'll just have to live it up until Friday.

Aly said...

Yay for you. Almost done. I think you deserve a long break and tons of money to do some shopping during that long break. That's fair isn't it? Ditto on Jen's comment. You really did do a great job. You are a great mom! Your kids wouldn't be so sweet if you weren't. You rock. Have a great reunion. (So, no bear lake???)

April said...

i am so glad these weeks are almost over for you. i agree with everyone else - i could NOT have done it, and i have half the children you do. congratulations!

Julie said...

I can't imagine how your husband talked you into being with four kids alone for two months....he must have had a REALLY good reason? Your kids are too adorable! I am glad you got out and had some fun. E-mail me your phone number so I can call sometime! I am going to see Amy next week while in San Diego- sounds like I just missed you!