Friday, July 18, 2008

San Diego

While I was in Heber, I decided to make a weekend getaway to San Diego to visit the old man. It was our anniversary on July 9th (14 years! Whew, that is a lot!). I left SLC on July 10th for beautiful San Diego. So I kinda had it in my head that Joey was living in a dumpy apartment and spending most of his time studying and going to school. I certainly didn't want to believe that he was living in the lap of luxury while I was in Boise taking care of our four children 24 hrs a day! But, I was dead wrong. This guy is living the ultimate bachelor life. He is living in an amazing apartment right on the bay side of Coronado Island. The weather is amazing and the beaches spectacular. I am not quite sure he is coming home. He kept telling me he could live in San Diego. I had to remind him that if we lived in San Diego, we would be living in the slums, not in a million dollar house on Coronado Island.

Anywho, we had a great weekend. We slept in, laid by the pool and read, went to my favorite restaurants (Islands, Pei Wei and In and Out), shopped and went to a San Diego Padres vs. Atlanta Braves baseball game. It was a nice break from the daily grind of single parenthood.

Thanks Aly and Steven and Marmie and Poppy for watching the kids while I vacationed!

0 comments: