Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Maison Ellis

The following is a much sought-after guest post review by none other than the blogger-stalker herself, April D:

This ultra-exclusive, invitation-only resort in the beautiful Heber Valley, just minutes North (East?South? West?) of Park City, Utah, is the ultimate in luxury vacationing. The VERY reasonable all-inclusive rate includes three meals a day, endless activities for children and adults (think electric cars, blow up water slides, painting, 4 wheelers, butterfly chasing), laundry and beautiful accomodations. The guest suites are quaintly named: the Raspberry room - highly recommended, the Pinecone room - also highly recommended, the Princess Room - very nice (shared bathroom), the Dungeon room - not as recommended and the lone upstairs bedroom. I don't know what happened to that one. In any case, days are spent lounging in the warm breezes, drinking your soda of choice out of a wineglass, and taking in the gorgeous vistas from one of the many comfortably furnished look outs. The staff waits on you hand and foot, treats you like royalty and treats you like a life-long friend. I'm telling you, people, if you haven't been here, you need to start working on getting an invite. I recommend starting the conversations with something like "I hear Heber is just BEAUTIFUL this time of year." FOUR STARS

Seriously, though, the kiddies and I have had such a fantastic few days up here. I've had so much fun spending time with Alisa and her 4 perfect children. We hadn't seen each other for almost 5 years, but it just seems like no time at all - 4 children later between the 2 of us and we just picked up where we left off! We've had some great chats reminiscing about the good old days. Like that time she hit me in the face with a baseball bat in 6th grade. I mean, was that funny or WHAT? A broken cheekbone and 9 stitches later and we're still friends. And I don't even CARE that 23 years later there is still a scar on my otherwise unblemished face. Seriously, I don't. Because we're such great friends. I don't even know why I am talking about the time Alisa hit me in the FACE with a BASEBALL BAT because it is really neither here nor there.

Well, it is late and I must retire to the Pinecone Room. Speaking of the Pinecone Room, for those of you reading to whom it is relevant, did you know that Alisa has never spent a night in the Dungeon Room? Not one. Just thought I would throw that out there as food for thought.

Hopefully Alisa will post some cute pics from my visit soon. Courtney and Hayden had some rousing games of dress up that I hope she will document on this site. Let's just say that Hayden makes an extremely handsome princess. (Sorry, Joey, but he does.) My final words: Thank you Ellis' and Alisa for a fantastic end to my vacation. I can't WAIT to come again (hint hint). XOXO

P.S. Good luck to the Montgomery Family on the move!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Now I'm feeling all lucky and excited for my four star Heber time. (Of course, I was feeling lucky and excited before). But still.

Okay Alisa, now it is your turn to post.

Rees Family said...

The 1 comment thing is really starting to bug me. I'm so glad that you and April had such a good time in Heber. I'm more than jealous. Karen and I are ready for you to come and visit. I'm sorry you are having a rough week. Feel better and give Blakey a kiss for me. Poor baby.