Wednesday, July 30, 2008

He's Home!!!

Joey came home last Friday, and what a reunion we had at the Boise Airport! I got there a little early, to make sure that we didn't miss the all important greeting at the door. Due to our promptness, the kids took the opportunity to ask me one million questions and basically drive me and every other person in the waiting area insane. Here's is a sampling of what I heard... Do you think his plane has landed? What does his plane look like? What seat was he sitting in?

Do you think Dad will come home with a goatee? What present do you think he brought us?
Do you think he will remember Blake? Has his plane landed yet? How much longer?
Are those people coming out the door from Dad's plane? Do I have time to go to the bathroom?
Let me run this stroller all over the airport!!!! Has his plane landed yet?
I'm starving!!! I don't have any food! But I am really starving!!! Mom, I am so starving!!!!!
Mom can I see your new phone? Can I take 120 pictures and use up all of your memory?
What happened to my phone? Oh, I think I left it on that chair way over there! Has Dad's plane landed yet!!! Oh, wait, there he is!!! Let's all yell and run and be totally crazy in front of 100 people!!!!






Daddy's home and we couldn't be happier. It is so nice to be together and have a regular family meal and do regular family activities. And, I haven't even had to rock in the fetal position in the corner once since he has been home! Hurray for me! Now all I have to worry about is repairing the damage I have done to my children's psyche (sp?) for the last 8 weeks.
And, by the way, his plane did finally land, we got Hayden some food, they did get some presents, and he didn't come home with a goatee! I couldn't be happier!



1 comments:

Rees Family said...

Yay!!!!! I'm so glad that Joey's home. Life is finally back to normal. I'm sad that I can't call you at all hours of the day and night though. I'm glad that your kids can feel normal and have a dad around again. Love the pictures and the cute post.