Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Pot!!!!

Those of you who have been watching my blog know that I don't post very often. Mostly, because I don't have a good camera right now. I kinda feel like a post without a picture is like a Christmas Card without a picture. (If you know what I mean.) I recently bought a camera on ebay, but it arrived in nonworking order. So, now I am in dispute, through email to get a new one. But, that is a story for another day. Today, my post is going to be about a funny thing that happened this weekend.

If you know Hayden, you know that he has a slight speech problem. He tends to leave out the first sound of many words. For example, if he is hungry he might tell me he is arving. Anyway, this weekend when he got up, he snuggled into bed between Joey and me. After realizing that he needed to go potty, he got up and went to the bathroom. Meanwhile, another one of our children (we have so many) climbed into bed between us. When Hayden returned he was devastated that someone had taken his pot. He proceeded to throw a tantrum on our bed that Nicole had taken his pot and he wanted his pot back. So, Joey, being his witty self started mocking him saying give him back his pot, he wants his weed, give him his dubage and his hippie lettuce. It was quite funny at the time, and we repeated it often during the day. Later that weekend, I saw Nicole playing with Blake and talking to him in babytalk. Saying, "Do you want your dubage, do you want you weed and your hippie lettuce." She was saying it in a singsong voice. It was so funny!

Well, there I go. I have just posted without a picture. Tell me what you think. Should I post more often without pics or do you want me to wait to post when I have a good pic?

3 comments:

Montgomery Family said...

I am so impressed with you on so many levels. First of all, you put in a new background. I love it! It looks so good. And yes, I say post away without a picture. That story about Hayden is so funny! I can totally hear him saying that! You better tell Joey to watch what he says around those impressionable little minds!!

April said...

LOVELY new design. I love it. And DEFINITELY post even without pics. I know what you mean re: the Christmas cards, but the posts are good. And remember what I said about the BL blogging!

Lance Homer said...

That was a very funny story. Totally can see it. Thanks for sharing (and making me laugh on this cold and snowy day!)