Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not Enough Sleep!

A normal evening/night in the Tueller Household:
Blake- Bath, Bottle, Bed at 6:30pm
Hayden- Bath, Books, Bed at 7pm
Nicole and Brendon- Bed at 8pm

Then:
Hayden & Brendon up between 7-7:30
Blake up at 8
Nicole up at 8-8:10 (usually pulled out of bed by me to make the bus at 8:30)

This is a great schedule, one that works very well for our family! Unfortunately, my children have recently decided that we all need to be up during the night. On Monday night, I wake up to Hayden standing by my bed at 3:30, telling me his tummy hurts and then throwing up all over the carpet. He proceeds to throw up about every 20 minutes until 6am. It seems like I would just get back to sleep and he would start in again. He threw up most of the day yesterday, but seems fine today. Then last night, he got up at 3:30 to tell me he was thirsty and needed to go to the bathroom. So I get up, take care of that and get back to bed. Then Nicole wakes up at 4:30 to tell me she has to go to the bathroom. She goes, then asks if it is ok to flush the toilet, then says that she needs me to tuck her back in. Oh my goodness, this is getting ridiculous. But the fun goes on. At 5:30 Blake wakes up crying. We let him cry for a few minutes, but it is obvious he isn't going back to sleep. So, up again I get up, and make him a bottle. I feed him a bottle and put him back to bed. Luckily, he goes to sleep. Just as I lay my head back down, Nicole asks if she can get up and watch TV. I tell her it is too early and to go back to bed. She, of course, needs to be tucked in again. Finally, Brendon wakes me up at 7:45 to tell me I had better get up or they are going to miss the bus. I have really had it. I have put in my time with sleepless nights when my babies were young. This is my time to sleep. I think Jennifer is brushing off on me. Tonight I intend on going to sleep and not waking up until 7:30am. Maybe I will put Joey in charge of the 10pm-7am shift. I am sure that will go over well.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alisa! I just had to write and say how amazed I am that Blake typically sleeps from 6:30 pm - 8:00 am!!! What a good little guy :)

Rees Family said...

I really don't think I am rubbing off on you. Your kids need to learn that they don't need to ask permission to go to the bathroom or flush the toilet. Sorry about your rough night. Next time, call me. I'm sure I'm awake.

April said...

Wah wah wah. My baby usually sleeps from 6:30pm - 8am but I haven't had any sleep for 3 nights. Wah wah. LISTEN LADY - I HAVEN'T SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT FOR 17 MONTHS.* I don't want to hear about your little MISHAP this week. haha. just kidding. kind of... Sorry to hear about little H throwing up all night. That is the worst!

*lets not discuss whose fault it is that he doesn't sleep through the night, okay?

Montgomery Family said...

Ya, what's with your kids asking permission to go to the bathroom. That has to stop. I'm sorry you had such a rough night. I'm glad I didn't call you this morning. Hope you got in a good nap. Way to go with the new post.

Aly said...

Too funny! Why is it that kids can't throw up in the toilet or sink? It's always the carpet (and usually right after they've had a 44 oz. glass of red kool-aid, right?) Sorry about your recent horrible nights. Karen will be joining you and Jennifer soon :) By the way, we need to talk shower details. I'll call you tomorrow.